Before moving day arrives, don’t forget to do these five steps.
Moving from one home to the next is a complex and often stressful process. In all the hustle and bustle, it’s easy to let certain things slip your mind. And a few things tend to be forgotten more often than others.
Here are the top five most commonly forgotten steps people must follow before moving day arrives:
1. Find the nearest branch of your bank or transfer to a new bank. Before you move, you should locate a branch of your current bank that’s near your new home. If there isn’t one, then you’ll need to find a new bank altogether.
2. Find new medical providers. Assuming you’ve moved too far away to continue seeing your old medical providers, you’ll need to find a new doctor, dentist, optometrist, etc., before you make your big move. Don’t forget to have all of your medical records transferred over once you do.
3. Transfer memberships to gyms and clubs. If you belong to any gyms or clubs, don’t forget to cancel or transfer your membership before you move.
4. Raid your kitchen. Something many homeowners forget to do before moving is to thaw out, use, and throw away everything currently in their freezer and refrigerator. As for food in your pantry, why not donate any non-perishable items you don’t plan to use? You should probably start this process about a month before moving.
5. Have your car tuned up. Especially if you’ve got a long drive ahead, making sure your car is in good working order before a move can save you a lot of time, stress, and money later on.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.