There are six questions you must ask an agent before hiring them.
Whether you’re a buyer or seller, here are the six questions you must ask a prospective agent before hiring them to know that they’ll be able to get you the best deal possible:
1. How long have they lived in the area? This will give you an idea of their depth of knowledge of the area you’re moving to or from.
2. How long have they been selling real estate in the area? This will let you know what kind of transaction experience they have working with others in your community.
3. What has the local real estate market done in the last 12 months? You can then follow up this question by asking what the market is projected to do in the next six to 12 months. No one can predict the future, but Realtors can use historical trends to know what to expect.
4. Do they have a comprehensive vendor list? Professional agents should be able to provide you with a comprehensive list of all the people you’ll need in your transaction (movers, an interior designer, an electrician, etc.). You should also expect these professionals to give you top-notch service because they rely on referrals from your agent.
5. What is their track record? More specifically, how many transactions have they done in the last six to 12 months? This will tell you whether they have the experience necessary to negotiate the best possible terms on your behalf. If they only sell a few homes a year, they might not. If they sell homes continuously throughout the year, they’ve probably seen every possible scenario. Would you go to a doctor who only performs surgery a few times a year or the one who does it several times each month?
6. Do they have the staff to support their business? Staffing is critically important because each staff member specializes in a certain job. They’ll have the training and focus needed to ensure you have a smooth transaction.
When choosing a Realtor to represent you, choose a professional. Ask these questions and make sure you’re comfortable and confident they’ll represent you the way you deserve.
If you have any questions about this or any other real estate topic, don’t hesitate to reach out to my team and me. We’re here to help you move with confidence.